What is Malnutrition?
Malnutrition refers to the situation where there is an unbalanced diet in which some nutrients are in excess, lacking or wrong proportion.
How are we placed worldwide in terms of Malnutrition?
The 2017 Global Hunger Index (GHI) Report ranked India 97th out of 118 countries with a serious hunger situation. Among South Asian nations, it ranks third behind only Afghanistan and Pakistan with a GHI score of 29.0
Why is there still malnutrition in India despite almost 70 years of Independence?
Some of the major causes for malnutrition in India are Economic inequality. Due to the low social status of some population groups, their diet often lacks in both quality and quantity. Women who suffer malnutrition are less likely to have healthy babies. In India, mothers generally lack proper knowledge in feeding children. Consequently, new born infants are unable to get adequate amount of nutrition from their mothers.
- India ranks at 67 among 80 countries having worst hunger situation leaving us behind countries like Pakistan Sudan and North Korea
- 25%of world’s hungry people live in India.
- In India 44% of children under the age of 5 are underweight. 72% of infants and 52% of married women have anaemia.
- Every 10 seconds, a child dies from hunger
- 82% of hungry people live in countries with food surpluses, not food shortages
- One-third of the food produced around the world is never consumed
- Hunger kills more people each year than AIDS, malaria and terrorism combined
- One in every eight people sleeps hungry each night
- 850 million hungry people in the world
DURING THE YEAR 1961 WHEN WE WERE IN WAR WITH PAKISTAN AND THERE WAS HUGE SHORTAGE OF FOOD , THEN OUR PRIME MINISTER LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI HAD URGED PEOPLE TO FORGO THEIR MEALS FOR ONE TIME FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK AND PEOPLE ALL OVER COUNTRY CAME OUT AND SUPPORTED HIS DECISION BARING CHILDREN, OLD AND PREGNANT WOMEN.
THE NATION NEEDS YOU, LETS WAKE UP AND STAND FOR WHAT YOU FEEL RIGHT
YOU MIGHT GET FOOD 2 TIMES A DAY, BUT ALL ARE NOT THAT BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH PRIVILEGE
BE HAPPY AND SATISFIED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, WHAT MIGHT BE DAILY NECESSITY FOR IT MIGHT BE LUXURY OR PRIVILEGE FOR SOME
ROBIN HOOD ARMY
WHO ARE WE?
The Robin Hood Army is a volunteer based organization that works to get surplus food from restaurants across to the less fortunate people.
Our local chapters are run by friends and colleagues who hope to create a difference in their own small way. For example, restaurants in Green Park, Delhi will contribute to the homeless of the locality via volunteers who live in Green Park. Our volunteers are largely students and young working professionals. The lesser fortunate sections we help include homeless families, night shelters, orphanages, and patients from public hospitals.
The RHA is a much decentralized organization and does not accept monetary contributions- we just need your time.
- 51 CITIES
- 12,551 ROBINS
- 42, 36, 531 PEOPLE SERVED SO FAR
- ESTABLISHED IN AUG, 2014 WITH 6 ROBINS 1 CITY
- SEPT – DEC, 2014 200 ROBINS , 8 CITIES
- 2015 – 2,315 ROBINS , 21 CITIES
- 2106 – 10,350 ROBINS , 41 CITIES
- 2017 – 3,46, 531 PEOPLE SERVED 1% DONE
HOW CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE OR MAKE A DIFFERENCE??
- JOIN AS VOLUNTEER – SERVE PEOPLE WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION, BECAUSE THEY NEED FOOD SERVED WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION. TRUST ME IT WILL GIVE IMMENSE PLEASURE IN JOY OF FEEDING
- ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO JOIN AND MAKE THEM AWARE ABOUT RHA SPREAD THE WORD
- PARTNER AS A RESTAURANT
- EACH ONE TEACH ONE – CREATING ACCESS TO EDUCATION IS PUREST FORM OF NATION BUILDING, DO YOU ENJOY TEACHING COME JOIN US.
I AM SHARING FACE BOOK GROUP LINK FOR MUMBAI CHAPTER, WHERE YOU CAN JOIN AND CONTRIBUTE AND MAKE YOURSELF FEEL PROUD BY FEEDING THE NEEDY PEOPLE.
SIMILARLY THERE MANY MORE CHAPTERS OF RHA IN INDIA WHICH CAN EASILY SEARCH ON FACEBOOK AND GET EASE OF ACCESS IN JOINING RHA ARMY IN YOUR NEARBY LOCALITY OR CITY.
IF YOU LIKE THE ABOVE POST PLEASE DO LIKE, SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, WHATS APP, ETC AND GIVE YOUR VALUABLE FEEDBACK WHICH WILL HELP ME WRITING MORE.